Espaguetis (Spaghetti) with Ketchup and Mayonnaise
Every time that we think of spaghetti, we make a connection to Italy. The truth is that pasta did not come from Italy, it comes from China. According to the website “Today I found Out” when an explorer named Marco Polo traveled to China, he saw how pasta was made and he brought this tradition to Europe. Today spaghetti is known all around the world and each place cooks them as they want. What is incredible about this type of food is that we can prepare it however we desire.
- 3 Spaghetti packs
- 4 Tuna cans (I prefer Van Camp’s)
- ¼ of butter
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 cups of Ketchup
- 2 cups of Mayonnaise
- 1 onion
- 4 tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- In a cooking pot, boil enough water for the pasta. Add a ½ gram of salt in the water.
- When the water reaches its boil point, add all of the three pasta packs. You must be aware when the pasta is ready, this will be around 25 minutes. When the pasta is ready take it out of the water and place the drained spaghetti in a big baking pan.
- In the meantime, cut the onion in very tiny pieces and put them in a pot together with a ½ of a quarter of butter and the garlic.
- In the pan. fry the onion, the garlic, and the butter. Keep stirring until the butter melts completely and then add all of the tuna and stir it all together.
- Cut all of the tomatoes in little pieces and fry them in a different pot with ½ of the butter remaining. Also, cut the Cilantro in pieces and add that too.
- Put the tomatoes and the onion together and stir all of it together.
- Finally, mix all together including the pasta, the ketchup, and mayonnaise.